Friday, April 3, 2009

Sssshhhhh! It's a secret!

Class! Today we're going to learn something about secret. What is a secret actually? According to Wikipedia, secrecy or furtiveness is the practice of sharing information among a group of people, which can be as small as one person, while hiding it from all others. That which is kept hidden is known as the secret. Nice definition! But I only agree half of it. Why am I interested in talking about this topic? I just realize this topic when I read this beautiful blog. I regularly visit this blog. In this blog, random people sent a piece of postcard (how romantic?!) that contain a secret that person hold on to.

For me, a secret is something that we couldn't share. If someone tells a secret to someone else, then it turns to be a story. Period. Look, I don't forbid you, people, not to have a secret or millions of it. Nu uh! I even have my own secrets. Things that I won't share to anybody in this world, not even in the next world (well, only if they exist). My secrets will be kept until I die.

What about secret sharing? Secret sharing is one way for men to establish traditional relations with other men. It's like a secret group or sect. Hmmm... Each man on that group knows to do, but outside of that group, no. Is it a secret then? For me, that is not a secret, it's an agreement, a pact. An agreement amongst several person inside that group, that if someone tells something to someone, that person will be expell, or for worst will be kill.

Yes, a secret could kill. Even if that secret is a one person secret. The question is, is a secret good or bad?

No comments: