Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crossing The Dark Side

Hello again. I know it's been a while I don't update this blog. You know, writer's block. Ahh.. Excuses!

I just finished watch a movie. It's "Jane Austen Book Club", the movie itself is about exploring Austen's adage that general incivility is at love's essence. Sylvia's husband dumps her for another woman, so Bernadette and Jocelyn organize a book club to distract her. They recruit Sylvia's daughter Allegra; Prudie, a young teacher whose marriage may be on the rocks; and Grigg, a sci-fi fan who joins out of attraction to Jocelyn. The six read and discuss one Austen novel per month. Jocelyn tries to interest Grigg in Sylvia; Allegra falls in love with a woman she meets skydiving; Prudie contemplates an affair with a student; Sylvia's ex keeps popping up. In the discussions, characters reveal themselves in their comments. (from here)

Sounds a complicated drama? Not really, it was quiet light movie, but since it's a light movie, I took the other point of view of this movie. I mean, I try to analyze of each character of that movie. The one that caught my attention, it's Jocelyn's character played by Maria Bello. This character has complicated nature. When this character likes someone, she, with full awareness, gives the person she likes to someone else. In this case, to her bestfriend. And the other favorite is Prudie. Well, why my favorite? I think she has this character that almost like my character. She's an uptight girl who has a dark side.

Let's talk about dark side of a human. This dark side doesn't mean a bad thing, I mean another side of a person whom that person doesn't realize yet. In this movie, each character has its own dark side. I myself, surprised in several scenes. Are humans really like them?

These characters make me think about how complicated a human can be. I know, human behaviour are don't meant to be understand, we just acknowledge it. That's all. But don't you sometimes curious about ourselves? For me, human behaviour is always interesting. Remember, human behaviour is related to their mind. The shifting minds affect our behaviour.

Yeah ok, maybe some of you just want to scream, "hey bitch! Stop sweating the small stuff!" Hey, this is me. I always questioning about everything.

No comments: