Friday, April 10, 2009

One is The Loneliest Number

I'm sitting here, sitting in front of my TV, while listening to music that comes out from my baby. Actually, I just got back from out with friends, really good friends indeed. We went to Casa in Kemang. Ok, this time i don't want to talk about Casa itself.

I got something in my mind now. It's about loneliness. Right after we arrived there, I remembered, that place provide a free internet service through wifi. And then I just turned my wifi, and i started to chat with some friends, and start to take care my facebook. Actually, not just me, a friend of mine did the same thing. There were 7 other people in the same table. But me and my friend, we just start to roam around to the other world from our small screen. I spent like an hour or so with my small screen. Ok, the point is that I can feel lonely though surrounded by 8 other people. It made me question myself. What am I doing? There are 8 other people near me, but I roamed around to the other world? No, it wasn't just happened to me. I look to the other tables where each persons are sticking their eyes to their blackberries. Sometimes new technology can really scares the shit out of me.

Us, people who lives in a big city, always look for something that made us feel less lonely. We look for our own pleasure on the internet. I didn't say I don't do it, infact I do it! Even sometimes it's a sinfully guilty pleasure. Or sometimes we went out to a loud and noisy place for serenity, let's say, a disco But look around us, sometimes we even forgot that we're surrounded by wonderful people, like friends and family. The beauty of real life socializing is in front of our eyes, but why do we always look for something more? Something that sometimes doesn't even exist. Where we can chat, laugh, or even cry with our friends, but sometimes we just skip it and choose something vague. Why we always look something far while there are beautiful thing in front of our eyes? But are we really lonely, until we have to look it somewhere else that far from us? Sometimes we can't even spot the differences between the reality and the imaginary, it's like separated by red thin fine line. Ok, gone to the disco is real life socializing, but can we really socializing in a very loud and noisy and over packed place? I'm sure the answer is no, but why we still go to that place?

Does new technology makes us really forgot our social life? I mean the real social life? Or are we just looking for something to make us feel less lonely? But am I feel lonely?

No comments: