Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Va-va-va-VACATION!

Hmm.. It's already July. I'm still surprised how fast the time flies. It feels like yesterday I had my NYE with my friend, Andhita. But look at your calendar, it's already mid year! Mid year only means one thing. It's summer! Everybody in this world loves summer. It's the season where we just lazying around under the bright sun. Yup, summer means vacation for everybody. How's your summer my dear reader? Well, I know it's too early to blurt that kind of recap question at you. Summer just began in less than 1 month ago. So I'm pretty sure that all you readers are still planning your vacaycay that usually occurs around end of July to early August.

I started my summer vacaycay as early as the first day the season starts. Well, not the first day, but a day after the first day. On June 22, I went to Bangkok with my parents, but not for Dad, he went there for work. It was sort of surprise, considering the last time I went vacation was in 2002 *no wonder I'm such a depressed kind of guy*. It was a 4 days trip, ugh, 3, no, 2 days and a half trip. From June 22 to 25.

Day 1
My flight was at noon. We were flying using Thai Airways, and they only have 1 flight per day from Jakarta to Bangkok or Bangkok to Jakarta. We arrived in this super sophisticated Suvarnabhumi Airport at around 4.30 PM *Jakarta and Bangkok share the same time zone*. Then, there was a van, a big van, took us to the hotel. Our hotel is located in one of the busiest street in Bangkok. It was a nice hotel. Right after we settled down, me and my mom decided to go to Suan Lum, dad had this business dinner so he couldn't join us. We started our night at 6.30 that night. Suan Lum is a night market, it's located 7 MRT stations away from our hotel (oh yes, I count!). How can I describe that place. It was a cool, no, awesome, no, great market. Imagine 3700 stalls in one area, not too small area. We can find something something in that market. From A to Z, basically everything. I love that market, especially the local designers section. That section filled with lots of artsy people with artsy stuffs, the uncommon stuffs that you couldn't even find in any malls in this world. Oh I really in love with that part of Suan Lum. We ate there in this small food stall, which most of their foods coantain pork. The fact I love Thai food, it's because most of their foods are using fish sauce. Fish sauce adds this certain pleasant taste. Ooowh.. Love it! We ended our night at around 11, almost midnight. My thighs and calves felt like it was gonna burst!

Day 2
The day starts very early, well at least for me. I woke up as early as 6.30 in the morning. That day, my dad couldn't join me and my mom at all. He had this thing to do with his work. Me and my mom's plan was having shopping in big malls. There were at least 3 malls we wanted to visit. At the end we visited 5 malls. First of all, we had our breakfast at Auntie Anne's at this unidentified underground mall. Then we continued our journey to Siam Paragon. This mall is big, I mean REALLY BIG! They have this ocean world in the underground, complete with underwater glass tunnel, 4D cinema, and you know what, they have this super large tank for scuba diving and glass bottom boat thingy! Imagine that! Then we continued to walk to siam discovery, and another siam plaza chain. The skywalk ended at this place MBK. This place is amazing. It's a haven for cheap shoppers (read: fake; cheap knockoffs). Not just cheap thrills, they have other mid-ranged-price stuffs. I found a shoes there. At the top floor, it's electronic floor. Guess what, I saw iPhone Nano, which never exists in this world! Crazy eh? Then we head back to Siam Paragon for lunch, before we continue to Central World. But we only spent a little time in that mall, because dad called us and wanted to join us. So we headed back to the hotel to pick him up and went to Suan Lum again. That time, we spent a little bit longer than the night before. Oh my, I heart that night bazaar too much. The day ended at another almost midnight.

Day 3
Aaah.. This day way very interesting. Like usual, the day started very early, but this time not for shopping but for city tour. Mom arranged a tour with this fun tour guide to Wat Arun and the Grand Palace. Wat Arun is a temple by the Chao Phraya river. To get there we had to ride this traditional boat, that looked not safe at all, but hey I'm still fine up until now. The temple covered with broken ceramics. It's like mosaic in a massive size. Oh, the tour guide bought us the best Thai iced tea we ever had in our entire life. Gosh, miss that beverage so much! The the tour continued to Grand Palace. It's the place of the kings of Thai, which means beautiful. No, beyond beautiful! 'nuff said. After the tour, we ended up at.. the malls! Oh my, I almost malls OD'ed. I realized that malls in Bangkok are super massive. The central world almost made my calves blown. We spent our times there until 9 PM, then we headed back to the hotel.

Day 4
Aaargh.. Our flight was at 8 in the morning. So we already at the airport at 6. No other things I could tell, except there's a Hermes' boutique in the airport. No, I didn't bought any of it, couldn't afford it.

Whoa.. I heart that city, though it has the same vibe with Jakarta. I miss all those colors that floating around that city. The traffic jam is pretty crazy, just like Jakarta. But hey, cute guys are everywhere! Ahahahaha..

Well, sorry for the late post, maybe there are some details I forgot. I was too lazy to write. But picture tells all, right? You can check it on my Flickr set. Actually the real summer vacation is about to come. Just wait for my update here ok? Just pray that I won't be too lazy to write!

No comments: