Sunday, May 31, 2009

Conquering the Super Semi Pretentious Grand Indonesia


It's almost 3.30 AM and I'm still talking about what happened today. It's been awhile I'm not going out for shopping, especially an unintentional shopping. Grand Indonesia, which I consider it as the largest mall here in this country, is celebrating its grand opening by holding 2 days of midnight sale. I went there with my parents. The mall itself is super cool! It has 2 department stores, they are Seibu and Harvey Nichols (the first HN in Asia, how cool is that!) The mall also has millions of local and international brands, such as Zara; Pull and bear; GAP; etc. And not to forget, this mall is big, I mean SUUUUUUPPPPEEEERRR big!

Ok, the sale starts at 8 PM. Me and my parents were there since 4 PM. At first, I bought a tshirt. It was a steal! It cost only Rp. 114,500.00 (US$11.2) from this cool Indonesian brand, it's (X) S.M.L. Here's the pic:

When we were walk around the mall, I saw this super, no, über cool jacket/hoodie in Topman! It looks likethe duffel coat I always love. The price? Darn.. It's expensive. It cost Rp. 839,000.00 (US$82) I know, maybe for some people in the other side of this world consider it cheap, but not here! But then, the sales attendant told me that Topman start its midnight sale at 10PM, and that item is one of the sale items. The discount is 20%, which means the hoodie price got reduce to Rp. 671,200.00 (US$ 65). Cheap? Not for me! It's still expensive! *well, I just lost US$70.* Here's the pic:

Oh yes, my parents bought it for.. ME! Thank you! I♥you!

1 comment:

exort said...

gw mah uda luamaa bgt datang ke mall ini (n sering bgt malahan), dr yg bukanya br blitz doang (yg lainnya blm jadi, jadi msh ktr n bedebu) sampe uda buka semuanya tp masih sepi (keren n nyaman bgt pas waktu itu) sampe skrg (yg uda ruame, g nyaman n jd brantakan!)....mmmm dulu pas baru buka n sepi, baru dimall ini yg ditoiletnya disodori tisu ama janitornya pas cuci tangan dan pas keluar tolet diblg trimaksi...skrg?.....eh komennya panjang bgt ya? mending gw posting aja diblog gw....hehehehehe.....anw jaketnya keren....mamer nih :)